Nursing Schools In Texas – Top Schools & How To Pick The Right School For You
Nursing Schools In Texas
Are interested in going to nursing school in Texas? Due to the fact that there are so many high quality nursing schools in the state, it can be tricky to pick the right one! Lucky for you, this guide to nursing schools in Texas will give you an idea of what to look for and which schools you should apply to that meet your specific needs!
Becoming a nurse is one of the best career choices you can make. Nursing is a rewarding career that benefits so many other people and it also is a high demand job profession allowing you to easily find work anywhere in the country! The state of Texas has some of the highest rated nursing schools in the entire country so whatever your specific goals may be, you are sure to find the right school for you.
When selecting a Texas nursing school, your first step is to indentify your own goals. Why do you want to be a nurse? What type of nurse do you want to become? Some people choose to become a registered nurse while others opt to become a nurse practitioner. Aside from the specific nursing degree you are looking to acquire, there is also a variety of nursing specialties to choose from such as pediatric or neonatal nursing.
Honing In On The Right Nursing Schools In Texas For You
Before settling on a Texas nursing school, check the following factors to see if the school matches your needs:
- Does the school offer the specialty that have you have decided upon?
- Is the nursing school accredited by the NLNAC (National League for Nursing Accreditation Commission) or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)?
- Can you afford the school and does it offer financial aid?
- Is the school able to accommodate your specific needs for a flexible class schedule?
- What tests or exams does the school require you to take before being admitted?
- Can the school guarantee you enough clinical rotation time between the school work, your schedule and the local hospitals?
- Finally, what is the schools NCLEX exam pass rate? How many students who attend the school are able to pass the exam and become nurses? This is critical because it gives you an idea of how well the particular nursing school is preparing its students.
Top Nursing Schools In Texas
Once you have weighed the previous points against each school, it becomes much easier to settle on a particular Texas nursing school that meets your needs. According a recent study by the federal government, the top 10 nursing schools in Texas are as follows.
- University of Texas Health Science Center-Housto
- University of Texas-Austin
- University of Texas Health Science Center– San Antonio
- Texas Women’s University –Denton
- University of Texas Medical Branch –Galveston
- Baylor University–Dallas
- University of Texas–Arlington
- Texas Christian University–Fort Worth
- Texas Tech University Health Science Center–Lubbock
- University ofTexas–Tyler
Keep in mind, just because a nursing school is in the top 10, does not mean it is the best choice for you! Your specific needs are the most important factor when deciding which Texas nursing school to attend. Just take your time when making your decision and be sure to select an accredited school that is offering everything that you want. Remember it is your nursing career and your decision should be based on what is best for you!